rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What are your religious beliefs?

What are your religious beliefs?

Quote: (09-24-2016 08:12 AM)AboveAverageJoe Wrote:  

Quote: (09-23-2016 03:43 PM)Kid Twist Wrote:  

^ Scorpion, someone who uses a deceiver like Aslan to "reinforce" points that aren't there, doesn't want to be apprised of the reality of the story, the accounts of the gospel in this case, or the orthodox teachings. I say deceiver because he is a mouthpiece for the restorationist religions (including his own ethnic one, Islam) that are so wrong and so ignorant of the facts, they can only rely on "No, you are doing it the wrong way, what we say now takes precedence". But the reality is even worse, because they clearly aren't in line with what the original teachings ever were. That's why they lie and deceive ad infinitum; it is the only way to keep their falsehoods going.

The gospel (evangelion, good message, really the message of the victory of the king over the enemy) accounts are about a man who is without sin, had power over nature, resurrected others, and even rose from the dead ... yet somehow this man is supposed to be, by an outside detractor, just some guy who said he was a generic "Son of Man". It's just stupid, such bullshit beyond compare that I can't even believe anyone espousing that clear lie can even look himself in the mirror. What's more, that's not all: He calls himself I AM (You know Mage, the tetragrammaton, GOD's very name) and not just in the John passage of "Before Abraham was, I AM" he in fact says it each time the English translates it that "I am he" (ego eimi, short for ego eimi o wn, the tetragrammaton from the Septuagint) he is saying he's God. Beyond that, the jews wanted to kill him for "making himself God".

I can understand that people don't want to believe because this is an obvious reality of our world. What I cannot stand for or tolerate is clear lying in any debate about reality.

Reza Aslan is a Christian.

He was an evangelical earlier in his life but by the time his name started getting more attention he had become a Sufi Muslim.

Messages In This Thread