rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Dance Floor Game – using music to get laid

Dance Floor Game – using music to get laid

Quote: (09-18-2016 01:00 AM)Stroked351w Wrote:  

Quote: (09-17-2016 07:05 PM)JayJuanGee Wrote:  

Quote: (09-17-2016 01:23 AM)Stroked351w Wrote:  

I read this about two months ago and I have to say it really motivated me to get out there and start dancing, now I have way more fun when I go out and my friends have taken notice to that along with fair amount of women. All I did was watch a few tutorials on YouTube and practice at my house, then I took my skills out to the bars and clubs and so far I hear good things about how I dance.

Thanks again for posting this, It really has gotten me out of my shell.

On average, how often do you go out a week?

Do you physically practice (like at home) some of the moves that you do on the dance floor, or do you just experiment while on the dance floor?

I have found that once you have a core set of moves, and you can kind of inspire confidence from the girl (her thinking that you know what you are doing), then you can kind of experiment on the floor. Of course, when you just meet a girl, it would likely be best to employ the moves that you know better, and then if she keeps dancing with you, then you may chose to experiment with newer moves (or moves that you are still working on).

Actually, one more point... Even when you know moves fairly well, you can become somewhat rusty, stiff and not smooth if you do not practice from time to time, so even if you are in a stage of life in which you are not dancing very much, it would be a decent practice to force yourself to go out at least once a month, merely for maintenance of the dance moves that you already know.

I go out every two weeks on average, I practice at home as well as on the dance floor. I like to watch the more experienced dancers and try to pick up on what they're doing, I even ask them to teach me the steps to certain dances and they never seem reluctant to do so.

Each person is going to learn in a different way, and likely I would learn (or attempt to learn) now in a bit of a different way as compared to the way that I attempted to learn when I was began to learn dance.

Sure, the object of this thread seems more about discussing ways to use dance/music to get laid, rather than learning the technical skills for dance for the sake of dance, so in the end, if whatever you are doing, such as getting out there, puts you in a position to open the girl, escalate and then to continue the interaction, then you are likely in a better place, using dance.

Personally, I find it a bit difficult to learn how to do something from mere watching, but yeah, if you later attempt to put it into practice and then repeat over and over , that could be a decent way to add moves.

You likely have to measure for yourself how high on the technicals you want to go, and whether you are getting enough from your learning method. When I began to learn salsa, I became quite obsessed with it, and I considered that the actual dance has so many technical wonders, and for the first few years, I spent several days a week going to classes and clubs that had classes and in the meantime meeting people (guys and girls). I engaged in a kind of emersion and also wrote down my moves in a kind of short-hand in order that I would be able to attempt to perform them on the dance floor when I went dancing... so I would create various visualizations the moves and walk through the moves, but these visualizations did not become very concrete until I repeatedly attempted to apply them.

These days, I kind of learn by making things up that are variations of moves that I already do, but learning style becomes different after you have a pretty large repertoire of social dancing basic moves that you can employ on the dance floor in order to keep the chick entertained while you may be considering whether to experiment with this particular chick or not ( in terms of working on dance moves). Sometimes the moves will not really sink in until you perform them with a partner a few times, and then after you begin to get better at the move(s), then you may even change it around or experiment with the way you are doing the move in order to create variations of your own move (making the move your own rather than someone else's move).

Yes! That's how I've been doing it! I like to keep it simple til I get warmed up then I experiment a good bit with or without a partner. The last few places I went to were bars with dance floors, the crowd was very thin and the women were not very open to dancing, if they did come out and dance they weren't very good (maybe that's just me) they just seem that "fun" but at the same time I also learned that being a good lead is very important.

Sure, sometimes you are going to need to tailor your approach to the atmosphere of that bar on that night.. and sometimes your dancing could become contagious in getting the place going, and sometimes, the crowd is not going to be very good and even the ratios of men to women may be bad or the kind of women in the joint may be lacking in terms of suitable targets, whether it is for practice or chicks that you may want to take further.

Like I said I've only been doing this for about two months so there is more learning to be done.

Two months seems a blip in the dance space, especially if you are going only a couple of times a month. I personally feel that in the learning phase there may be some need to play the scene more in order to learn, but then again, it seems that you may also be doing some of the learning behind the scene in order to work on moves... which is similar to what i did in the beginning. Actually, frequently I was working around 5 days a week, and I would go dancing 3-5 days a week. Sometimes, I would go to various nightclubs just to check them out (especially if there was a class). I would attend the class, and then sometimes I would just leave immediately after the class, if I was not having any luck finding dance partners at my level.. I would figure that I needed sleep. Actually, sometimes I would work from 8am to 5pm, go home and take a nap, then go to the club from 9pm to 12pm, or sometimes my attendance at the club would be a lot shorter, especially thinking that I have to work the next day.

To your last point, I whole heartedly agree that's why I try to practice so much. I feel that it's a great way to show that you're a fun guy and that you don't mind being in the spot light.

Sure, there are different kinds of fun. Sometimes, when some kinds of learning is really technical, it can take quite a while to get the move to a point that is smooth and works. Also, dancing tends to be a social interaction, and sometimes, certain interactions can catch you at a bad time and kind of ruin the mood and momentum, especially if you are juggling several things in life, and sometimes, maybe it may not be a good time to dance because you have too many other things going on that need to be attended... so in that regard, sometimes, I would be at a club or a dance event, and I would realize that I really need to cut the event short and to save my learning for a more appropriate time because maybe I was not having fun, either, which is part of the point, too.

Messages In This Thread