rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Peru game

Peru game

Quote: (09-16-2016 06:05 PM)Australia Sucks Wrote:  

By the way everyone just two examples to add to my point before that Cusco is only cheap if you want to accept low Peruvian standards. I walked into 2 supposedly 5 star hotels in Cusco (both within 10 minutes walk of Plaza De Aramas) and they were both small local hotels that I doubt would be what foreigners would consider 5 star and asked for the price out of curiosity for a basic room for 1 night. Note: we are no longer in peak tourist season for Cusco. One was $250 USD for the basic room and the other was $400 USD for a basic room. In many similar sized (i.e. small) anglo cities you could probably find a 4 star hotel of equivalent quality for the same price.

Now if you want a private hostel room with a private bathroom you are looking at 50 or 60 soles minimum (15 to 18 USD). What you will get for this is a shower that only half works, no hooks to hang your jackets, no heater, no alarm clock, often the bedroom will have no electrical sockets (only in the bathroom), only unbearably shit free channels on TV, a bed where the blankets have not been washed for a week or possibly longer. If breakfast is included it will be mediocre.

Like I said Cusco is cheap if you are willing to accept the low Peruvian standards for everything. If you want something that is at a foreigner standard its not much cheaper than an anglo country.

There are 5 star hotels and 5 star hotels. The two Belmond hotels are very nice, so is the Marriott. USD 270 - USD 500 per room per night depending on your bargaining know how.

Messages In This Thread