rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Peru game

Peru game

Scrambled a perfect example of the instituionalised bias against foreigners is that Latam airlines (they are not the only one) has one price for Peruvians and a different higher price for non-Peruvians for a domestic flight for the exact same flight. I asked the company and they confirmed that this is there official policy. Another example I went to a zoo inside Universidad San Antonio the sign at the entrance said entrance 4 soles for Peruvians and 10 soles for extranjeros (foreigners). Mind you I had to pay 10 Soles for being a foreigner but there were no signs in English or anyone that spoke English at the zoo. Typical Cusco mentality lets charge the foreigners more for entrance but we will not even do them the courtesy of putting up English signs next to the Spanish ones (I mean information signs about the animals).

Another example to catch the exact same train to Machu Pichu (Aguas Calientes to be exact if I am not mistaken) there is an official Peruvian price and an official higher foreigner price. I know because I went to Machu Pichu (by bus because the train is expensive for foreigners but I did speak to some foreigners who caught the train) and discussed this with Peruvians who went there. Even the entrance to Machu Pichu is free on Sunday for Peruvians but not for foreigners. Are you that ignorant that you do not realise this sort of two tier official pricing system is a common occurance in Peru? This point is not even up for debate, it is a fact.

Not everybody who does customer service gets tips. For example the people that work at tourist agencies do not usually get tips from customers. Just try and get an "all inclusive tour" from a tour agency. Its never really all inclusive, not even close. I even Same goes for bank tellers (no tips) and usually hostel staff (most people do not tip them) just to give you a few examples. So yes, it is easy and common to get shit service. I could give many, many examples of this but I will not take up a whole thread with examples of poor customer service. I will only give a few.

One quick example one time I went to a Polleria and ordered the classic 1/8 chicken dish for 6 soles. After an 1 hour and 15 minutes the chicken did not come so I left. Every time I asked (in Spanish) when the food would be ready they said another ten minutes.

Try taking a hot shower in Cusco, most of the showers have a lot of problems with hot water not being consistent if it is there at all. I have had my fair share of cold showers in hostels that were advertised as having hot showers.

When I went to lake Titicaca on the weekend my tour included a bus both ways (Cusco to Puno and back) and my receipt even said that. When I went to catch the bus back to Cusco the tourist agency in Puno they did not have my bus ticket ready (they told me they would) and then they tried to tell me that it was not included. I showed them the reciept which clearly included both ways then they tried to argue with me, then they called up the tourist agency in Cusco, and the tourist agency in Cusco tried to argue with me. In the end (after 1.5 hours of back and forth) I had to pay for the ticket and go visit the tour agency office in Cusco the next day to get reimbursed the next day. Also I was told the tour included all meals, transport and accomodation but I had to pay 25 Soles for one of my lunches and 10 soles for one of my boat rides. I could give heaps of examples but basically every tour I have been on they tried to fuck me over or used false advertising. This is the typical level of service you get in Peru.

Scrambled please just stop apouting your Anthony Robbins style B.S. Cusco has some problems and you glossing over the problems is doing the forum (in particular any potential traveller to Cusco) a great disservice.

Messages In This Thread