rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Air China magazine London race slur sparks anger

Air China magazine London race slur sparks anger

Quote: (09-08-2016 08:09 AM)TravelerKai Wrote:  

My wife has an acquaintance that was flying to the US for the first time. Chick took over 30,000 in cash with her and got stuck in customs.... Yeah, you heard that right. A quick Google search could have told her that you cannot legally walk around with more than 10K in the USA.

True enough, but you'd have to suspect that such a law exists in order to be curious about researching it. To someone from a different type of society, a law like this one wouldn't even occur to them.

I'm a foreigner where I live and I've run into similar issues at times. Want to cancel your gym membership or your cable TV? You have to bring a letter in person; you can't just call or tell them verbally and sign a form. Want to update some information on your bank account? You need to do that at the specific branch where you opened it, not over the phone or at a different branch. These things seem obvious to locals, but someone from a place with a different system wouldn't even guess that the procedure might be so different.

Americans inadvertently commit three felonies a day: http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB1000142405...0830760842

Messages In This Thread