rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

A Cautionary Lesson

A Cautionary Lesson

Oh sweet Jesus.

I disagree with much of my very respected brothers above are saying, and will give you the unadulterated, real talk:

You simply were not good enough for her. Objectively. Her mother did the calculus, and went straight into action to torpedo that union.

The "Quad-C" test (Career - Coin - Cabin - Car) you, brother, are completely failing:

1. You seem to live paycheck to paycheck. Cubical? Soul-crushing? Shitty pay? Low status?

2. Your net worth close to zero, right? More? US$10k?, US$100k, US$1mm??

3. You live with your parents. With.Your.Parents.

4. Your old car, brother, died? Forgive me for asking, but am I right it is from the times when the blessed Paul VI ruled the Vatican?

Now I put this into my SMV algorithm, and you score is nothing to write home about. I bet you have a sweet, helping personality, you are reliable and a great friend, but it does not move the needle in the SMV algorithm.

Now enter her family.

I need to first say, I like them. That is the kind of traditional family that most of my brothers here - rightfully - have been crying a river about, wishing them back, as it was in 1956, since they almost do not exist anymore.

Mary is almost a perfect bride. Have a look at Roosh's 7-points checklist. Mary gets a PERFECT score. Young, virgin, around a 7, believes in a God, is feminine....etc.

There was a gigantic mismatch. You were pulling waaay above your weight. She is too good for you. I know, I know, it sort of just happened, you did not look for marriage material, or marriage itself, nor did she. It seems it was two young peeps who liked each other, and just sort of stumbled into something serious.

Her parents seem to be the kind of "traditional" parents who from the very beginning saw that this was not the right match, that she could pull a much higher-value man, and immediately got some torpedoes down the tube in your ship's direction, and got the Propaganda Department going into overtime to discredit and ultimately destroy your standing. They successfully did. You being the trusting, naive young man in the very end opened the door (no password on phone) for them to even get hold of a nuclear weapon, and hit you with it. And they sent in the Family Police to kick your stupid, low value ass.

No, no, brother, I do not want to insult you here, but rather wake you up. She-was-too-good-for-you. And what was on offer (marriage, kids now) you did not want in the first place. In some way they saved you ass, in addition to saving their little sweet girl's life from a stupid decision.

I know it hurts. It hurts very much. Go ahead and shed a few tears while hiding from everybody, get drunk, but in the end you need to THANK LIFE and THANK HER FAMILY that you were saved. This painful event was a GIFT.
Have also a look at the other thread where I posted the link to CH's article how to heal Oneitis. It is pretty simple, if you know what you are doing.

Imagine if you would have married, struggled with finances, the families, and among yourselves, put a few kids into the world, and then she would have dropped you in ...15 years. She would have destroyed you.

This girl was not in love with you, brother.

Read up how a women in love with do the stupidest shit on the planet, crawl under barbed wire, shoot up the guards of the high-security penitentiary, to just get to you. Mary was tested with one of the most powerful shit-test available to men, namely the ghastly choice between her parents and the man she maybe was in love with. And you know what: the lab result came back saying "negative". She is not that girl. Lots more out there, bro. Pick one when you are ready to strike. In the meanwhile, enjoy the ride. It is a beautiful life out there. The sun in shining, the flowers are blooming.

Wasted 3 years of your life? HELL NO!!
This is satan speaking to you.
While you are celebrating this "GIFT" as I described above, of you dodging the bullet, I want to leave you with this lesson on life:
“A deception that elevates us is dearer than a host of low truths.”
The great Pushkin (who died in a stupid duel with his wife's alleged lover (yea, I know that leaves questions about his overall wisdom...) left us this great, great wisdom.

Life handed you the [Image: love.gif] sweet love [Image: love.gif] experience, and you were drinking from it for a few years. On your deathbed you will remember this loooooove as one of the sweetest experiences that life ever handed over to you. Do not sabotage it. Enbrace it. Treasure it. But move on. Even though we want to hold to so many things in life, everything is fleeting, including our very own lives, and will be taken from us sometime.

Oh one last piece of advice: charge the cost of this experience to (a) The Game and (b) Growing Up. Have your lawyer call up theirs and tell them they can keep whatever they want, furniture, hard cash etc. Purposely make it as painful for you as you can - financial pain is healing.

Yes, you lost your innocence. Looooove will never be the same again. Welcome among us adults [Image: sadwave.gif] [Image: grouphug.gif]

“A deception that elevates us is dearer than a host of low truths.”

Messages In This Thread