rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

If you freelance on line, are you better off living in a "poor" country?

If you freelance on line, are you better off living in a "poor" country?

I haven't really come up with a solution for the health insurance yet but medical care is dirt cheap in thailand. There are plans in that country that you can get as a foreigner, but I haven't done the research - yeah, I know I need to. Taxes you handle with the states and slip by under the radar in Thailand; it's kind of a don't ask, don't tell kind of thing and tons of expats are working online.

Anyhow, no matter what country you go to, just get on the expat forums for that specific country and you'll find most of your questions have been answered already. If not, just post a question there and you'll get feedback from a bunch of guys who have been living there forever and know all the ins and outs. Or just talk to long-term expats while you're there to learn the ropes.

I do visa runs and with a little hustling can turn a 2 month double entry visa into a 6 month stay and then renew. If you have enough money, you can pay the right person and get a work visa - or enroll in language classes and land yourself and education visa. Or you can spend part of your year in one country and part somewhere else.

There are plenty of solutions out there if you do the research; you just have to find out what works best for you. Thavisa.com is a good place to research if you're considering Thailand specifically.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

Messages In This Thread