rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Afrolatinos: The Documentary

Afrolatinos: The Documentary

Quote:Quote:

I don't think hyper-analyzing race is productive for someone who's really trying to get the most out of life, man. I think it's common for a lot of black males in the US to fall into that box where they interpret nearly everything in the world through a racial lens. That's just not cool.

True but to those of us that believe the issue of race IS in fact impacting on everything globally wouldn't you logically assume hyper analysis IS productive? Not asking you to agree or win you over to my line of thinking just asking you, wouldn't it be logical to want so solve one of the biggest problems of the face of the planet today? You need a lot of analysis to do that IMO because no one has yet solved that problem.

It's alright to go through a phase, especially when we're younger and just beginning to learn about the world around us, but getting out of that box is necessary to really get the most out of life. I think traveling and seeking new experiences that push you out of your comfort zone is the best way to do that. Gotta constantly evolve

No offense but this sounds somewhat patronizing. I mean sure it's true nothing beats first hand knowledge but I don't need to fly to parts of Russian to know walking around with dark skin at night might not be the safest thing for me to do. There are numerous ways one can come to an informed decision that may not include personally putting yourself in the line of fire. The board is an example, books , visual media , personal accounts. Mind you I do believe you've had a lot of great success with the ladies (so have I!), but I draw different conclusions from that success.

I've opened myself to an entire new world just from that subtle shift in consciousness. I'm not naive about the world's problems, but you really don't know what a person thinks until you actually talk to them. Forming sweeping generalizations about people, nations and cultures you don't even know simply because they fit into your neat little box is not a good look. [quote]

In my opinion, sometimes you don't know what a person thinks even when you DO talk to them, really it''s all in there actions IMO. My generalizations are formed from my experience as well as the heaping loads of EVIDENCE all around me. I don't assume that just because some German girl wants to get in my pants (true experience abroad) that it's comb-ayah time for me and other brotha in germany. In my opinion sexual conquests have nothing to do with racism. Racists have been sexing the people they oppress for ages, it doesn't mean they consider them equal. I look for other things like:

The distribution of wealth
The labor market
the incarceration rates
News reports
Personal experience
Friends experience

All these things don't mean you can't game a honey, especially if you have a mouth piece , some looks, some American status...I'm not disagreeing with you there. But I don't draw the same correlations based on that.

[Quote]
Anyway, that dude Pitt hit me up with a PM to explain his posts. It's all good in spite of the escalation in rhetoric during our last exchange. I really wasn't trying to erode the quality of this discussion or offend any members, but I think it's best to move on from the race topic. Just starting a new thread is probably the way to go for those who want to keep it going.

Well we are having a peaceful exchange and have differing opinions that's all, keep on posting though, you are tearing it up!

Messages In This Thread