rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Power signalling

Power signalling

I am happy for Mollath that he finally got out....even though he wasn't a sharpest knife in the drawer (I had read his initial Anzeige; it was a bit bizarre reading)... but it is kind of strange - and maybe sinister - that there is no public outrage in Germany because of that with all the ideology of Rechtstaat; it seems that at least procuratora/prosecutor office (Staatsanwaltschaft), which is supposed to be "objective", is an institution which is beyond any real control and without any conscience. Since not every German can be a Beamte (an untouchable life-long public servant in practice) what stake do peopel have in this system? Germany still seems to be a society based on hierarchy and loving hierarchy, it is now simply a kind of "deep state".
Is this outcome - complacency with Mollath, Kachelmann and Duisburg Love Parade cases - a resolute defence of German moral superiority (read: superiority of German state and its servants) and Korrektheit....? Do oridnary Germans, no Beamtentum, have such a (moral?) stake in their state? Or do they simply do not believe that bad things can ever happen again due to actions of German state? I have an impression, that whenever soemthing bad happens in Germany, bad workings of German state namely, they close their ears and eyes... But do they not notice the incredible contempt Beamtentum, Justiz etc are showing for them...?!
However, this peculiar obsession with corectness breeds as its reverse a kind of hypocrisy, and there is a fine German word for it: Hochstaplerismus. I think the last novel of Thomas Mann was about it... maybe that's the best way to live in this society and that is the way the German society does function, I sometimes wonder.

Messages In This Thread