rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Anyone got a belly that won't go away?

Anyone got a belly that won't go away?

Quote: (08-18-2016 05:22 PM)Ivanis Wrote:  

Quote: (08-18-2016 05:13 PM)Hell_Is_Like_Newark Wrote:  

Quote: (08-18-2016 04:02 PM)Ivanis Wrote:  

Quote: (08-18-2016 02:49 PM)Hell_Is_Like_Newark Wrote:  

Quote: (08-18-2016 02:32 PM)Ivanis Wrote:  

The blood tests are way too expensive! Like $10 per strip... But I do use urine strips.

I stopped using the urine strips. Once I kicked up the workouts, they stopped showing ketones. My body was metabolizing them and they weren't showing up in my urine in concentrations enough to trigger the strips. Googling I found out this is not an uncommon occurrence.

That explains why I have been only seeing trace levels lately! Thanks for the heads up, I was starting to worry..

About the drugs you take for Type 2 diabetes. My mother-in-law has type 2 (she is obese), high LDL, and bad triglyceride levels. I have her some of the same supplements I used to lower my LDL and raise my HDL (I went from 245 to 186 with a 59 HDL). Turns out it helped with her blood sugar levels and knocked down the fat in her blood also. So much so, the doc took her off some of her meds. Here is what she takes in addition to a good multivitamin:

1. Pantethine (form of B5), 900 mg (1 pill in the morning, 1 at night)
2. Milk Thistle (1 capsule per day)
3. Toco Sorb (form of vitamin E)
4. Vitamin D (5000 IU)
5. Red Yeast Rice (1 pill x2 a day)

Pantethine was the big one for me. Turns out it helps with adrenal function as well. I blasted through a plateau on my workouts 2 days after I started taking it.

I also take extra zinc and magnesium. The latter a lot of people on keto find helpful. The two brands I use most are Jarrow and NOW. Both have a good rep. Supplements are not as highly regulated as pharma, so you get manufacturers that don't give you what they promise.

I will totally look into those pills!

Just to clarify, I don't take the pills for type 2, I am currently pre-diabetic and I am getting less and less at risk as the pounds keep coming off. That was one of the things that I was scared about as my mother has type 1. I made sure not to go down that road.

My mother in law called me last night. After three months on the supplements, the doc took her off her triglyceride and LDL meds. The doc cut her diabetes meds in half. She hasn't changed her diet and doesn't exercise.

Now I just figure out how to re-supply her. Thailand is protectionist as hell, so it is ungodly expensive to import (I stuffed my luggage with pills during my last visit). Thailand's pharma industry makes garbage.

Messages In This Thread