rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Colombia Master Thread

The Colombia Master Thread

Quote: (08-17-2016 06:47 PM)BrewDog Wrote:  

Quote: (08-17-2016 03:50 PM)DMario Wrote:  

How are you guys down there dressing for a night out? I'm Black-American so I feel like if I don't dress well enough chick will put me into the category of the lower class, but I dont want to be so well dressed that I stick out.

Will be in Bogota next week.
That's certainly a dilemma. If you dress like a backpacker, the robbers will be more likely to leave you alone. But then the girls will think you're a poor, student backpacker whether white or black.

If you're a young guy then dress nicely. If you're middle-aged, then dress like a backpacker. The robbers most prey upon well-dressed, middle-aged male gringos because they're assumed to be successful and carrying the most money.

And watch your drink in Bogota.

I really don't think it matters whether a gringo dresses "like a backpacker" or not, whether the person looks like some German walking around in hiking pants or wearing cargo shorts with flip flops, that gringo will still most likely have a some cash and a smartphone which is the real prize for most thieves. A newer smartphone is worth way more than the amount of cash most people would ever be carrying.

Messages In This Thread