rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Ukraine Thread III

The Ukraine Thread III

Quote: (08-14-2016 01:11 PM)Vinny Wrote:  

You choose a right city to start with for a Russian speaker. There is nearly no Ukrainian speech heard in Odessa.

Make sure not to stay in the city center but rent the apartment closer to Arcadia, with all the beach clubs. (that is if you enjoy nightlife) At least for your first week as in the end of August beginning of September nightlife in Arcadia slowly dies out and then you better move closer to Deribasovskaya street. But all of this highly depends on the weather.

Prepare to hear some Odessan accent "Та шо ты гхонишь!" [Image: biggrin.gif]

I'll be staying near Arcadia. Will probably venture out to Deribasovskaya a few times, but I don't think i'm going to move there unless Arcadia really starts to suck and everything there shuts down.

What's with the taxis in Odessa btw, is there something like Uber there or a local equivalent?

Another question is about clothes. I don't know if i should bring a blazer to hit the clubs, may be overkill. Will probably bring a leather jacket in case it gets colder. Also nice casual clothes and beach wear. Is it a good plan or should it suit up?

Messages In This Thread