rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Colombia Master Thread

The Colombia Master Thread

Quote: (08-11-2016 11:33 PM)Designate Wrote:  

Quote: (08-11-2016 11:00 PM)Shimmy Wrote:  

Already done. Thank god, I went to my current bank to put in a travel advisory and they told me "Sorry, colombia is on a banned list, your card will not work there". I read online it will still work but pretty risky to rely on it.

Are you talking about the Schwab Investor Checking Debit Card? I would be interested to hear where you read that because I primarily used this card throughout my travels to several Latin American countries this year, including Colombia, and I had zero issues whatsoever. I used the card at probably a dozen or so different bank ATMs and not once was I denied use or had any other issue. I even lost the card once and they shipped me a new one within 4 days flat, which is a fucking miracle considering how awful mail service is in Latin America. I'd say if you had to rely on something, that card would be it.

Wow- either you got lucky or I was very unlucky. I lost my schwab card in Lima so I filled out the application for a replacement, gave them the address and even spoke with them on the phone, explicitly saying to send it to my current location, NOT my house. What did they do?

They mailed it to my house. I had to eat ATM fees the rest of my trip.

Charles Scwab is great, I still use them, but whatever you do folks, DO NOT lose your card.

The Peru Thread
"Feminists exist in a quantum super-state in which they are both simultaneously the victim and the aggressor." - Milo Yiannopoulos

Messages In This Thread