rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

I Love Montreal: Data Sheet

I Love Montreal: Data Sheet

Quote: (12-30-2011 03:25 PM)scotian Wrote:  

If you're American, learn a few easy sentences in French, tell people you meet you want to see the "real authentic Quebec culture" they'll help you out and show you a good time, these people are very BON VIVANT types, they know how to party and have a good time, unlike uptight Anglos like most of us!!! lol

Knowing a bit of French will help. Though it is a romance language like Spanish, the pronunciations are totally different. However, the grammar is similar so if you can read in Spanish, you won't have much of a problem interpreting signs in French.

I remember one time walking into a club and seeing a hot chick smile at me as we were about to pass each other. I instinctively grabbed her arm and said hello. She only spoke French! I was hoping the level of attraction was strong enough so that the caveman communication would persuade her to leave with me, but unfortunately this did not happen.

Language is power. Any serious international player will make an effort to at least get the basics of the local language down.

Messages In This Thread