rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Clean out your bathroom shelf, throw it all away

Clean out your bathroom shelf, throw it all away

Soap on one's face just removes the oils that keep it looking young over time. When that oil starts to diminish with age, a hypothetical guy might wish that he hadn't been so careful to eliminate it all so completely when he was younger. To avoid dry skin, only teenagers with acne should consider soap on the face unless they've been playing or working in the mud. The chlorine in the average municipal water supply will be drying and cleansing enough when you are in the shower.

I shave my head, so can't comment on shampoo. Though, I insist on unscented shaving cream for head and face. Nivea seems to be the best brand for men, but any unscented will do. Skin moisturizer can work in place of shaving cream, in a pinch.

I use Schick Fusion blades because their high blade count is least irritating to my skin, the blades last a long time in part because the open back design allows you to fully wash the hair from the blades every time you shave. It really promotes the life of the blade. Also, almost everything else, save perhaps for Mach3 blades, tears up my skin.

I use Tom's of Maine toothpaste but, in a pinch, soap works really well. Probably better than toothpaste. The kind without perfume is least unpleasant.

I can't get away with no deodorant due to one rogue armpit (after a day or so), but I use Lavilin brand deodorant that lasts several days, as long as you don't wash it off in the shower (though I usually forget and do), while being a bit more natural than other commercial deodorants. Basically, it switches aluminum for Zinc. The super hippy deodorants I feel are under-powered for a man. Similarly, baking soda doesn't work long or consistently enough.

Other things that I've learned through trial and error:

You can't often substitute high end cologne for deodorant, when you get too lazy to reorder it, because the chemicals build up in your system.

Oil pulling (olive) works well to rid your mouth of bacteria.

I get tooth-aches when I use mouthwash for an extended period. I have a feeling that it messes too-much with the good flora in the mouth that keep bad bacteria at bay.

Good EEVO is the best, most consistent skin moisturizer. I use it on my face. A very little goes a long way. The trick is to rub it in and spread it around.

Small doses of vitamin A and D (maybe 20:1) once per week keep skin moisturized in places that tend to become dry. For me, that's my forehead.

Messages In This Thread