rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Colombia Master Thread

The Colombia Master Thread

Quote: (07-31-2016 07:06 PM)Sidney Crosby Wrote:  

BrewDog it seemed like they sometimes didn't even use garbage bags, there were just piles of garbage everywhere. No wonder there are so many rats running around the size of small dogs.

A lot of the guys with juice stands just dump their fruit into a large pile on the sidewalk and then the garbage men have to use snow shovels to scoop it all up on garbage day.

I doubt it, trash trucks won't pick the trash if it isn't packed. Also, the trash truck is supposed to pick up the trash at a certain day in every hood, and you only take out the thrash that day. Garbage men don't carry shovels to do their work. And, anyway, it's the same in Medellin, we don't use these big trash containers. This happened a couple of years ago in Medellin, they even had to rent trucks from Bogota to solve the crisis:

[Image: basuras-640x280-06012014.jpg]

[Image: basuras-medellin.jpg&w=450&h=300&a=c&zc=1]

Quote:Quote:

Even if there were more public garbage cans most people probably wouldn't use them, when I was sitting waiting in a Western Union most people would just toss the paper on the floor instead of putting it in the recycling/garbage literally two steps away.

I have never seen that in any place. Most people would toss it in the bin. Of course, I never went to the Bronx street or these kind of places.

Quote: (07-31-2016 04:55 PM)BrewDog Wrote:  

When I was in Medellin, all the expats and Paisas kept telling me, "Don't go to Bogota, man. It's a huge, dirty city."

and yet Bogota has hundreds of thousands of Paisas living there... there's a lot of stupid regionalism in the country.

Messages In This Thread