rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

My thoughts on the necessity of martial arts training

My thoughts on the necessity of martial arts training

Quote: (07-27-2016 10:25 PM)Leonard D Neubache Wrote:  

There's a good reason newcomers are advised to lurk, then post in established threads, THEN start threads of their own.

This here is like a stranger walking into a bar, going to the stage and tapping the microphone.

"Hello. Is this thing on? Hi. I'd like to talk to you all about..."

The speech is irrelevant because all anyone's thinking is "who the fuck is this guy and where does he get off skirting tradition?"

IMO most martial arts schools actually deaden your ability to fight. You're not allowed to hurt anyone for obvious reasons, so you spend thousands of collective hours conditioning yourself [b]not to hurt people when you get into a fight.[/b]

Buy/build a punching bag or a training dummy. Learn the basics on your own. Fist strikes. Elbows. Shins. Knees. Add weapons as suitable. Then learn how to destroy the fuck out of your target in record time.

I give better odds to the man who's gotten in touch with his anger than the man who's spent years pretending to be a ninja.

quickedit: @kinjutsu I'm all for training that fulfills its purpose rather than being a social gathering for twats playing dressups and going through the motions.

Unfortunately this is what most martial arts schools are. Many bjj schools out there fit this description. It gives the beneficial schools a bad name.

Messages In This Thread