rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What is your definition of the "American dream", and, are you living it?

What is your definition of the "American dream", and, are you living it?

Quote: (12-27-2011 10:34 AM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  

Quote: (12-22-2011 10:35 PM)Pusscrook Wrote:  

What is your definition of freedom, Archie?

I'm a simple man.

1) Your income comes in regardless of how many hours you put in.

don't trade your time for money.

You aren't working for someone. You aren't being paid an hourly wage or making a salary. You aren't dependent on landing the next big client, hell the next client.

You can wear a suit if you want (I love wearing mine)
or you can wear jeans.

You work with people you want to work with.

2) With that extra time, you do the things you like to do.

That's it, not really too much to it.

I know folks that are basically doing this, either they're traders, real estate guys, insurance sales people, jewelry makers, selling digital products, selling physical products, so on and so forth.

I used to sell records on e-bay, and even though the money was a lot less than being a lawyer, but I was free. Paid my rent, hung out, had a good time.

I just recently fell back into moving product online, and now I'm hooked with the idea of finding niche markets and supplying their needs. And nowadays, most of the product sourcing, marketing, and fulfillment can be handled by other people.

WIA

Arch,being that more and more of your rights to liberty, and justice are eroding faster than a bangladeshi house built in a rice field, how much do you think that affects the pursuit of happiness?

Messages In This Thread