rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

EU citizen buying real estate in US and renting it out.

EU citizen buying real estate in US and renting it out.

Quote: (07-25-2016 03:07 PM)Vinny Wrote:  

@JayJuanGee: I am looking to buy real estate in US for investment and rental only, in no way I am planning to relocate. So in that case Texas is more Desireable due to higher returns.
Here is a nice list: https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/251871

Yes, that article helps for us to understand your numbers and maybe even some of your thinking about the real estate matter.

I don't doubt that it is possible for guys to achieve 20% unleveraged returns on real estate in some locations, but I really doubt that any guy is going to even come close to those kinds of returns on average if he does not build a team and some in-person relationships in the geographical areas in which you invest your money.

The guys achieving those kinds of returns are likely experienced in the industry whether they are buying fixer-uppers or other depressed properties or "motivated" sellers, and then they have a system in place in which they are able to cause an under appreciated asset to deliver considerable returns.

If you don't visit the USA and build this kind of team for yourself, then you are dependent on the good faith of others on your team... managers, developers etc, and no one gives away free money or profits without oversight (that is your own oversight).

Probably, real estate is one of the areas with the highest levels of get rich quick scheming by "hooking up" with us, and yeah right, you are not going to get your fair share from abroad. They will tell you x, y and z, but they will certainly accept your initial investment money.

Messages In This Thread