rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How to live the dream and move abroad

How to live the dream and move abroad

Quote: (07-23-2016 04:51 AM)Chauncey Wrote:  

Very inspiring Schlep. Congrats on acting on your dreams.

I have a question, which may sound stupid, but all I've known is life in the US with typical expenses. I work, earn income, pay bills, save a little, and build a residual income. I'm bored to fucking death and want to get out in the next 3-6 months.

From your experience, or anyone else's, is $3k -$3.5k per month USD residual income after taxes enough to live on in EE, SEA, SA, etc. I am a simple dude in that I'm not materialistic, but I'm also not an ascetic. I like to eat out, drink, and do shit, not necessarily 7 days a week but most days. I'm indifferent on the location for the most part.

What holds me back from pulling the trigger is I feel I need $5k+/mo to live on so I keep grinding it out building my residuals, maybe that is just an irrational fear, maybe it is legit, maybe it is just an excuse/procrastination. Everyone I know that i try to talk to about this thinks I'm crazy/delusional/Peter Pan.

What is a realistic monthly nut for a US dude to live a reasonable lifestyle abroad?

I think as though I need about 5k as well. Whenever I am abroad, I always end up spending more than I budget. However, I don't nickel and dime. With that said, I know guys who are doing it for less than 3k per month. Not having a car and relying on cheap public transportation in a place like EE is a great way to live within this budget. It is doable for sure, just depends on your lifestyle.

Messages In This Thread