rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Miami cops shoot black therapist over autistic patient

Miami cops shoot black therapist over autistic patient

How is the training of cops in the US? I did read its very different. Some just do a few week course and then send on the streets and other have longer training. For example in Germany it require 3 years till you become a full cop. They shoot when its required but the critical cases are very low. Also I wonder about the mentality they teach the cops. Some say the cops in the US are trained very military style show force, not deescalation. I know there are hardcore crime spots in the US where you can't be the nice cop but how did some departments manage to reduce the incidents and others not?
Not to mention that the reasons for crimes are not the issue cops have to solve. They are not parents nor social workers.

We will stand tall in the sunshine
With the truth upon our side
And if we have to go alone
We'll go alone with pride

For us, these conflicts can be resolved by appeal to the deeply ingrained higher principle embodied in the law, that individuals have the right (within defined limits) to choose how to live. But this Western notion of individualism and tolerance is by no means a conception in all cultures. - Theodore Dalrymple

Messages In This Thread