rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

If Trump Loses, Do You Plan on Leaving the USA/Western World?

If Trump Loses, Do You Plan on Leaving the USA/Western World?

I've been living abroad for a little over a decade now. It's something i've always wanted to do though.

Politics and America's fucked up cultural dynamics only played a minor part in that decision. I'm someone who was made to live and travel. I would become extremely bored if I had to work for someone, had to live in the same house, and bone women from the standard basic social pool.

With that being said it still took me 3 years of trying out the lifestyle for me to decide to do it permanently. After year 3 I fully committed and liquidated everything I owned except my business and put logistics in place to live abroad forever.

However from time to time there's that urge to open up redfin and look at houses in various states in the U.S. within my price range. There are some fantastic places i'd imagine living in within the U.S. but then I realize i'd probably still get bored of the area and people pretty quick. So I always just shelve that idea. Would I revisit this idea in the future with a family? Maybe but it's highly doubtful.

My advice on people who want to do this on a lark or just for political reasons..don't. You have to really love it and be adaptable in a way that most people aren't. I've mentioned this before but most people are not culturally adaptable at all and will become very bitter about it over time. I'm also not white and bilingual so asia still feels very much like home for me that's why it works out so well.

For someone whose family and origins are deeply rooted in the U.S. or Canada on the otherhand you'll be a fish out of the water in most places. It will take a lot of effort to feel comfortable anywhere else. That's just the truth.

Messages In This Thread