rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

HBO documentary on American Obesity

HBO documentary on American Obesity

Quote: (07-17-2016 04:16 PM)JayJuanGee Wrote:  

I agree that people are generally smarter than they get credit for; however, I do believe that the amount of disinformation is overwhelming, and generally fat people make a lot of efforts to attempt to lose weight (not all fat people, of course); however, frequently people believe that they are eating healthy food (because it says "healthy" on the box), and I cannot really blame them for such disinformation.

This ties into the conversation we had in another thread (Keto diet):

On my Facebook I have a friend who went mostly vegan. I get tagged on all sorts of posts about how meat will give you all sorts of diseases and will cause the earth to turn into an overheated poised sphere of death in x many years or so. Then there are lots of posts about the joy and health of living on a 100% plant based diet.

The stuff she has posted (minus the planet killing crap) is pretty much the same spiel I got as a kid in public school health classes (this was before Vegan was even a term). Today in my city, the public school have 'Meatless Mondays' and a private nursery school instituted mandatory vegan meals.

Three years ago, my health improved dramatically when I cut waay back on sugar / carbs and added more animal protein and fat to my diet (always ate a lot of green veggies). I have the blood work and the weight loss to prove it.

The government's food period and veganism are both full of high carb crap.

Messages In This Thread