rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Any Other Vegabounds Out There with No Home?

Any Other Vegabounds Out There with No Home?

I guess I've been living the vagabond lifestyle since November 1, 2013. My rent on the beach in South Beach was getting out of control with the economy coming back after the recession, and even though I liked my lifestyle I asked myself "Why should I keep living in one place when I can use Airbnb and live anywhere in the world for less than what I'm paying now?" I sold all my furniture on Craigslist, threw away a ton of shit I didn't care about anymore, and moved the few remaining things I valued into a small storage unit that I pay ~$40/month for in South Beach. Been living out of a single suitcase since that day.

My situation is definitely somewhat unique though, as I have a serious job in the US, so I go back and forth to my office every couple months. This is how I constantly fund the lifestyle. So I'll book like 2 months in SE Asia or Latin America, then fly back to NY to work in my office for a week or so, then fly off to somewhere else after that.

It would be so fucking weird to not do this anymore and to go back to a normal life again. So I guess just be warned that it'll mentally be hard to go back once you've become accustomed to this lifestyle.

Edit: Oh and credit cards/churning/mileage programs are definitely your friend with this lifestyle where pretty much everything can be put on a credit card earning miles. I pay for very few flights these days and mostly use miles to bounce around wherever I want with a lot more flexibility than paid flights.

Messages In This Thread