rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Is Japan a poosy paradise?

Is Japan a poosy paradise?

Quote: (07-04-2016 11:00 AM)seniol Wrote:  

How many japanese girls speak decent english? Less than 40%, 40% - 60%, or over 60% of them?

Depends on city to some extent, the bigger more international cities have better English levels. My guess at the raw country-wide number (i.e. you just stop any random female on the street, as opposed to in a foreigner bar) would be 10% can speak decent English. By decent I mean enough to have a functional conversation longer than 10 minutes without having to resort to translation apps or dictionaries.

Language learning is an absolute bitch, but that's the barrier to entry to the broad pool. Expats I've met in various countries rarely fall into the "bothered to learn and am now fluent" category. Most of them fall into the "couldn't be arsed learning and can still barely order a pizza after 5 years of residence" category.

Messages In This Thread