rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Location Independence Journey: My Five Year Plan

Location Independence Journey: My Five Year Plan

Quote: (06-21-2016 01:34 PM)CleanSlate Wrote:  

I updated my account with the two addresses, and when they checked it, they said it's perfectly fine.

Crisis averted. At least for now. I'll be keeping an eye on them. With an itchy trigger finger, I am still prepared to move my money at a moment's notice.

Pro tip:

All banks need to have a legit home address on your accounts. I thought their crack down was just on PO box addresses, but apparently mail scanning service addresses are also under the gun. The financial landscape seems to be getting increasingly hostile towards US expats.

What I did, and what you could do, is call your bank. Tell them you want to have TWO different addresses on your account. One address to send all your mail correspondence, and the other would be your home address.

I used a relative's address as my home address, and left my mail scanning service address as the address to which they'd send all mail.

On most banks, you will NOT see both your mailing and home addresses when you log into your online accounts. You will only see your mailing address. That's why you need to call (or use live chat) and ask them to add a second address into their system.

Messages In This Thread