rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The official guide on hustling

The official guide on hustling

Quote: (06-14-2016 03:27 PM)Ringo Wrote:  

Quote: (04-17-2016 04:35 PM)Ringo Wrote:  

Does anyone have any experience designing and screen printing t-shirts to sell at events or online?

I have an idea for a few designs targeted to a specific audience (BJJ community) and I think it could do well as a side hustle - online store and events (tournaments).

At this point I'm thinking of doing an experimental batch of t-shirts and hats printed by a third party and if it does as well as I think I might buy some equipment and do it myself.

The critical point for me is finding well fitting, well made slim t-shirts I can print on. I've no interest in printing the designs on shitty dad tees.

Any input would be appreciated.
Anyone?

Don't take this as hostile, because it's not, but why are you asking the internet? The internet doesn't have that information. The market has that information.

Test it. Your test is to:
1. Design them, or get someone else to design them (e.g. using 99designs). Perhaps get 1 hat design and 1 shirt design, or if your budget is bigger, get 2 hat designs and 2 shirt designs. That would give you 3 x A/B tests, two design tests and one category test (hat/shirt).
2. Get someone to manufacture a batch. I met an American businessman who was basically doing just that in Shenzhen (didn't get his contact unfortunately). There are whole factories dedicated to producing T-shirts and hats for external designers and retailers. No reason to ever touch a machine yourself unless your decide you need very fast design->manufacture->retail turnaround times for some specific reason.

I literally just typed in "aliblabah t-shirts" and got examples of such manufacturers on the first page.
http://www.alibaba.com/T-Shirts_pid100005803

3. Sell and market through the avenues you mentioned.

If there is a good response from the market, you have a go signal. If people are interested but don't buy, a few will often communicate why. These "go signals" are bought. The internet seems to have tricked us all into believing that information is free. Often, valuable information is actually expensive.

Messages In This Thread