rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Asian Travel Guide to Asia

The Asian Travel Guide to Asia

Quote: (06-08-2016 10:40 AM)swuglyfe Wrote:  

Headed to Manila tomorrow. Will report back, specifically focusing on Asians players on the ground there. Pretty much without exception every girl I've pipelined has asked me where I'm from, or if I'm filipino, etc. When I tell them I'm from America, they simply don't believe me. Guess they, like the Chinese, feel that America is only black and white.

You're doing it wrong, mang.

When Asian in Asia you have to go by the ethnonationalist rules. You identify with what is identifiable to the locals. Insisting you're American does not jive in their minds.

To them it either sounds A) Delusionally arrogant or B) Lying or C) They think you're a hapa or something.

Stop wasting time trying to explain how their culturally rooted in dichotomy when it comes to nationality and race might be flawed in some way. They won't get it. It's not flawed because it's their worldview and multiculturalism is alien to them as it should be.

Most reasonably intelligent middle and upper class filipinos know what a fil-am is though. They are familiar with the concept. Lower class filipinos won't get it but you just tell them you were born abroad but you're Filipino.

In ethnic Chinese places like China, Singapore, Hong Kong, or Taiwan. I tell them i'm an ABC or ABT.. They get that terminology. I'm still considered one of them but just more jet set. Whatever works.

In Thailand I just tell them i'm from _insert asian country_ and go from there. If they are smart i'll explain further but usually it doesn't matter.

All that really matters is your social circle, how you look/dress, and how you game them into the bedroom.

That's it.

Messages In This Thread