rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What are your favorite apps?

What are your favorite apps?

Some of my most useful ones as of late. These are on Android, but I'm sure many are on iPhone too.

1) Readitlater - My most useful app. If you're a person constantly seeing interesting stuff online you want to return to later, and maybe even save the content for offline reading like on a plane, this is a great one. The beauty of it is once you set up an account it lets you sync between your phone and regular computers. You can also search through them, share to FB and all kinds of other stuff.

2) Dropbox - Another awesome invention. Before this, if I wanted to transfer any file from my computer to phone or vice versa, I'd have to plug it in to the USB. But with dropbox, I have a special folder on my phone that syncs with my regular computers. If I have a bunch of phone photos to transfer to my PC, I just stick them in the dropbox folder and then they instantly show up on my computer. Awesome. Dropbox is also just great as a backup system for crucial data on the go that you can access from anywhere.

3) Tune-In Radio - You can listen to almost any radio station on the planet. And just about any country. You can hear both the regular and internet radio stations. Good for music(any type imaginable), talk shows, news, sports, weather, comedy, anything you want to hear is there in one app.

4) Urban Daddy - If are looking for something to get into, you open it up, it geolocates where you are, ask you what you're in the mood for(dancing, lounging, drinks, dinner, etc), who you are with(friends, date, co-workers, etc), what your mood is and then gives you recommendations of what's nearby you based on your preferences.

5) Happy Hours - Similar in a way to Urban Daddy above, but it lists happy hours nearby and tells you what's on the happy hour specials menu.

6) Google translate - Simple but powerful little app that lets you either type or speak into the phone and gives you the translation in writing and will also speak it through the loudspeaker. There's also a conversation mode where if you are struggling, you can talk to your phone in English and then it will automatically say it in the other language through the speaker, and then the other person responds in their language and the phone translates their words and speaks it in English. That's pretty cool!

7) Google goggles. It does some of the things that translate does but takes it to another level. Say you are in China and there's some sign in Chinese that you need to understand but nobody around you speaks English. Take a picture of the sign, Goggles identifies the alphabet and language and then gives you the translation to your language. It also acts as a barcode scanner and let's you instantly see reviews of whatever product you scan as well as what it costs in other stores so you know you're getting a good deal. It does all kinds of other crazy shit too. Like if you walk past some historic building or landmark and you don't know what it is, take a photo of it and this damn thing will instantly tell you what it is, give you info on it and everything. Same with paintings and artwork. Insane.

8) Gas Buddy - Always know where the cheapest gas station is nearby. These days every cent counts.

9) One touch location - Really useful if someone has to meet you somewhere. No need to give complicated directions. Just push this button and it will text them a link pinpointing on google maps your exact location. If they have a smartphone, they can easily find you. Something like this is a lifesaver if you're somewhere with thousands of people all around you like Coachella fest or Carnival and someone needs to find you.

10) Both Soundhound and Shazam - Music recognition apps I have them both as often one can't figure it out but the other does. Soundhound seems better than Shazam with less popular stuff like electronica. But Shazam seems to work better under noisier conditions. So I use them both. Neither of them work if a DJ has changed the pitch or tempo, it screws up the whole fingerprint of the song.

Messages In This Thread