rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Defunding public universities and schools

Defunding public universities and schools

Quote: (05-28-2016 04:11 AM)The Beast1 Wrote:  

I hope Trump puts more of a focus on K12 education while de-emphasizing the importance of higher education.

No one should have to get a college degree and waste more of their life in school. At 18 years of age it's time people grow up and hit the real world instead of some glorified school summer sex camp.

College isn't supposed to be a sex camp. College is for academic specialization. K-12 provides basic reading, writing, and math along with surveys of other fields like science and history. College provides advanced reading and writing along with the first real phase of specialization. You study concepts and principles related to a particular field in a guided, rigorous fashion. A bachelors's degree is meant to be more specialized than high school, though not a specific vocational training. While I grant you there is a problem with degree inflation and a dangerous combination of entitlement and irresponsibility in students, there's still a place for incremental specialization. I'm not willing to throw out the baby with the bath water yet and glad to see that Trump's plan isn't just to tear the whole thing down.

Messages In This Thread