rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Worst time of the year for you to hunt/court pussy.

Worst time of the year for you to hunt/court pussy.

Quote: (12-13-2011 10:24 PM)BadgerHut Wrote:  

Quote: (12-13-2011 03:59 PM)Timoteo Wrote:  

I shudder to think how many tools have awarded engagement rings to their beloved on birthdays and Valentine's Day. I've always wanted to simultaneously bust a nut in a trick at the stroke of midnight to bring in the New Year though. Christmas is definitely a trap - expectations are high, depending on how long you've been together. Thanksgiving is a chore, and if you've been together any length of time, you can't avoid sitting down at some point with her family. That's reason enough right there to avoid LTRs.

Another problem here is that in a lot of states, you're entitled to the ring back if the engagement breaks up (usually for any reason, no-fault) - HOWEVER, if you give the ring on a holiday it can be construed as a "gift" and thus she doesn't have to return it to you. Even thought it's absurdly obvious it's an engagement ring and not a garden-variety piece of jewelry.

Entitled holidays and the law - a killer combination.

This is true...if there's no wedding, she's obligated by law to return the engagement ring. However, if you give it to her on a particular occasion it can be construed as a gift and she can make a compelling argument to keep it. You hate to rain on a guy's parade if he has a romantic proposal planned for Valentine's Day, but I always advise against it. Pick a random day to pop the question, but never in conjunction with a holiday where gifts are normally exchanged or expected.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

Messages In This Thread