rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Making more $ than you can spend....?

Making more $ than you can spend....?

Quote: (05-26-2016 03:26 PM)marty Wrote:  

I don't really understand where OP's coming from. Making money shouldn't be the most important part of your life. You can set goals regardless of how much money you have or how many amazing businesses you have created. You can always learn new skills or find new hobbies (foreign languages, playing an instrument, hunting, scuba diving or anything that strikes your fancy).

Having more money and material possessions dom't really make you happier. If that were the case people would be several times happier than let's say a century ago. That is clearly not the case.

Money should provide freedom. Freedom to do whatever you want to do. But you have to find what it is.

Yeah but for me, worrying about the future (money) has an impact on my current happiness. I can't enjoy hobbies if I think I should instead be concentrating on making a secure future for myself (and a future family which costs literally millions to do right)

Scuba? Expensive. Hunting? Expensive.

Want to do all those regularly, plus skiing, sky-diving, learning to fly a helicopter, owning a yacht........... this shit costs a lot of money!!

I partially agree with what you are saying but I don't think the world is secure enough anymore to take that viewpoint. But that is, MY viewpoint.

L:219  F:29  V:9  A:6  3S:1

"Water, water, everywhere, nor any drop to drink"

Messages In This Thread