rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Funny Stand-Alone Comments By RVF Members

Funny Stand-Alone Comments By RVF Members

Quote: (05-21-2016 09:32 PM)thoughtgypsy Wrote:  

Quote: (01-30-2016 12:39 PM)General Stalin Wrote:  

Good thread but I'd like to note that OP's quote is just stolen from a meme:

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/i-sexually...helicopter

It's been quoted on the forum before. Not saying it's not funny but shouldn't be credited to Aquiles_Baesta_Parada.

I knew Aquiles_Baesta_Parada was a fake from the start. Clear plagiarism that deserves a swift banning. I would like to thank senior member General Stalin for calling him out.

His posts, in all sorts of contexts -- both his general musings and even more so his personal stories and anecdotes -- show strong and unmistakable signs of serious mental illness. There are MANY different qualities of his text that show this:

-- A peculiar kind of bulk and density of writing
-- The piling on of insistently esoteric detail
-- A tone of relentless barely controlled mania
-- Subtly wrong, unmotivated, and unnatural transitions
-- Idiosyncrasies of syntax, style, and diction that are blatant and persistent without being either particularly pleasant or even unpleasant but merely irreducibly strange
-- The construction of intricate personal mythologies and their increasing complexity and elaboration over time
-- The complete absence of real humor

These are just a few obvious signs, and there are many many others.

All these things were clear very soon after he started posting. I reported one of his posts at some point with the brief remark "this is frank psychosis", and I know that another forum member tried to get him banned more than once for the same reason. It was inevitable that this would happen sooner or later.

The mentally ill can sometimes produce texts that feel different and superficially exciting or interesting; and their researches can be sufficiently wide-ranging and whimsical that they can bring some actual knowledge to light and even the occasional insight. Nevertheless, there is a terrible gulf between the text produced by sanity and the text produced by insanity, and the value of the latter is harshly limited. Men are naturally fascinated by, and drawn to, differences; but the difference of insanity is one that yields very little in the end and it has no place on the forum

I am loathe to derail a thread, but this sort of snarky bitchiness is extremely detrimental to the health of the forum, and I am sure I am not alone in finding it distasteful.

You are free, of course, to rebuff another man's point of view through logic or humour, should you be able to bring either to bear. Indeed, a successful attempt at the latter would probably have seen your post end up in this very thread, which is an enjoyable irony in itself.

This kind of empty attack is both valueless and cowardly. Such a thinly veiled attack on TLoO (or indeed any other member who has established a base level of credibility here), at a point where the NTP debacle is done and dealt with, is a poison that could, unchecked, lead to necrosis in our rather wonderful collective corpus. By all means take issue with what another man writes - but whatever you do, for God's sake be a man about it yourself - that is, after all, what this place is for.

Messages In This Thread