rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Computer programming lounge

Computer programming lounge

Lost my job about a month ago working as a VB.net programming. I realize VB.net is seen as kind of a joke language by "hardcore" programmers so I've been working on expanding my skill set. The MEAN stack (MongoDB, Express, Angular, Node.js) seems to be hot right now so I've been working on learning those. I've been meaning to improve my Javascript skills anyways and since everything in that stack is written in Javascript this is a good way to go about doing that. Front-end development and making a site look nice has always been a weakness of mine so I've been working on learning Jquery and CSS as well.

Gonna work on making a basic CRUD site with the technologies I talked about above and use that to show off to employers. I have a feeling that a lot of other developers looking for jobs are doing the same too so I was wondering if it might be a better idea to do a project that's a bit more unusual. I actually have master's degree in CS but honestly that hasn't really seemed to help much in my job search so I'm planning to instead make some stuff on my own and hopes that's enough to impress an employer.

Messages In This Thread