rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How to stop using caffeine

How to stop using caffeine

I've been giving this some consideration lately. As a staunch Englishman, I typically drink north of 10 cups of builder's tea each day, and have done since I was 12. I would say with some confidence that I've probably not dipped below 5 cups of tea each day in the last 14 years, wherever I've been in the world (I take PG Tips abroad with me). I'd not given it much thought, because I don't drink it for an energy boost or anything like that - it is simply a cultural thing, and a thoroughly enjoyable drink. However, I have done a bit of reading around, and it seems the effects of caffeine are far less well understood, and may be far less harmless, than I had originally imagined.

I am, for the first time in my life, considering giving up builders tea. I feel much as my ancestors must have when granting India freedom from the Empire - I am sick to the stomach at the mere possibility. I enjoy hot drinks, and would like to keep them in my diet. I could make the switch to Jasmine tea, which I like having spent time in China.

Does anyone have any good ideas for exotic/delicious teas that are caffeine free? I think the best way to move away from my English tea would be to find something else to enjoy in a similar vein, without the caffeine, since as I say, I don't drink it for the stimulant effect.

Messages In This Thread