rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Is anyone importing/selling/dropshipping products on Amazon as a side hustle?

Is anyone importing/selling/dropshipping products on Amazon as a side hustle?

Quote: (05-03-2016 06:26 PM)redbeard Wrote:  

Quote: (04-29-2016 11:07 AM)aeroektar Wrote:  

Anyone had any luck with etsy? I found a supplier of some "bohemian" women's jewelry, good quality with semi precious gemstones, the price was so low I said fuck it and ordered a small shipment of a few different designs to test the waters. Did some brand design (pretty simple stuff but clean) Ran a small promotion to gain about a dozen reviews (all good with five stars) and built up a decent sized social media following on Instagram.

No one's buying this shit, even with competitive pricing compared to similar products of equal quality, not even when I run coupons for 10-20%

Im thinking of running a Instagram give away contest or just halving the price and seeing what happens. Sort of disappointed because it appears this should have potential. Maybe I need to give it more attention, it's honestly hard to be passionate about selling women's jewelry but I just want to build a side income out of this.

So you're going from supplier to etsy?

I haven't sold anything on etsy but I have bought a bunch of items off of it. I see a few issues off the bat:

1. You're selling something you don't truly know, people in the jewelry biz are better than you or know more about the industry

2. Your product doesn't have the "etsy vibe," which is "look at me I made this at my house." People love that shit, that's why I've bought off etsy, it isn't mass produced (in theory) like amazon.

3. Jewelry market could be extremely saturated.

Something to think about.

Thanks. All your points are accurate expect point 2, it is handmade and looks like something someone could be making at their house because thats essentially what it is, but its made in China (theres no mention of that on the product page). I may just try moving them to Amazon FBA where there is actually a lot less competition for this style of jewelry.

Messages In This Thread