rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Mindless Drone's VR Primer

Mindless Drone's VR Primer

I haven't had the opportunity to try VR yet but it's very likely I'll buy Playstation VR towards the end of this year (or early next year, if they run out of stock and can't keep up with demand after the first batch - I'm not planning on putting in a pre-order).

I'm primarily interested in VR for "proper" games - racing, other cockpit based games, some shooters - rather than the all the interesting but probably ultimately very shallow tech demos and mini games I've been reading about in particularly HTC Vive articles.
I'm a little concerned that some of the racing games currently supporting VR on PC (first and foremost Project Cars, which is also on consoles, though no idea if it can be built to support Playstation VR later) are also among the the games rated "very intense" - or in other words potentially vomit inducing. I would think that cockpit based games would be a fantastic fit for VR, but apparently the disconnect between sight and body can be problematic here when you're strapped into a fixed position within the game. Hopefully VR camera settings and simulated g-force movement etc. are things the developer will get better at dialing in in VR.

Messages In This Thread