rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How much stuff do you own?

How much stuff do you own?

I'm of the strong belief that "stuff" costs you three times. It costs you money to buy it (usually), it costs you a place to store it and it costs you to get rid of it. Therefore, I take the stuff I own very seriously.

If I haven't used it in over a year, I sell it, give it away, or toss it.

If I haven't used it in over a month, I do an analysis on whether or not having it when I need it beats not having it at all. Guns fall into the "I keep it" category, whereas a whisk or a potato masher does not. Same with tool kits and general survival equipment. Certain books have their place here, too.

If I use it once or twice a week, but it's similar to something else that can do the same thing in about the same time, I toss it. Redundant shit like multiple variations of the same thing fit in this category so if you have two blenders, get rid of one.

Same with spare rooms with spare beds, you only want these if you entertain guests regularly or you're making money on it with Air BnB or something.

Depending on how serious you get, modern conveniences like coffeemakers, dryers, and microwaves fit in this category because they can be replaced by more durable things such as a cooking pot, a clothes line, and the stove.

If I use it every day, that's a no brainer, it stays. I try to make these items functionally indestructible or repairable.

A cast iron skillet fits in this category, a teflon fry pan doesn't.

A safety razor provides a functionally unlimited amount of shaves, whereas a Gillete razor does not.

A fountain pen fits the category, a disposable pen does not. I don't fuck around with disposable goods.

Everything else outside of these categories, especially dumb hobby shit that you bought once and never used, goes.

Unsurprisingly, it only takes me one leisurely afternoon to move from one place to the next.

“I have a very simple rule when it comes to management: hire the best people from your competitors, pay them more than they were earning, and give them bonuses and incentives based on their performance. That’s how you build a first-class operation.”
― Donald J. Trump

If you want some PDF's on bodyweight exercise with little to no equipment, send me a PM and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Messages In This Thread