rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Tips for Laos?

Tips for Laos?

Quote: (12-08-2011 02:17 PM)KingofScotland Wrote:  

Quote: (12-07-2011 05:06 PM)OGNorCal707 Wrote:  

I spent about 5 days in Vang Vieng, and not once did I see a police officer, let alone one with an AK47, not sure where you're getting that from. Also, I saw plenty of drunken Aussie idiots making all kinds of noise, even later into the night, and not once did I see anyone get reprimanded.

Quote:Quote:

I didn't see any police either and i stayed there 11 days.

I don't know maybe you were too wasted or just missed them? They are there, I saw them on several occassions walking down the main street after the bars closed at 11pm all with guns. My mate tried to get a picture taken with them and they went crazy. They were enforcing the curfew and telling everyone to go home. Earlier in the day one of them was hanging around down by the river in plain clothes trying to sell weed, obviously hoping to bust some backpackers.

Everyone parties in the two bars close to the river in town, gets fucked up on drugs and alcohol and walks back very late at night. It would be a goldmine for police to stop people and try to get money/bribes from them. But there was no police there to do it. It would kill the touristic industry.

Unless things have drastically changed since March 2011 when i was there.

Book - Around the World in 80 Girls - The Epic 3 Year Trip of a Backpacking Casanova

My new book Famles - Fables and Fairytales for Men is out now on Amazon.

Messages In This Thread