rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Building a social circle of guys

Building a social circle of guys

When I visited Austin, Texas for work, I talked up one of my coworkers and found out where the guys who work in real estate hung out after work. I'm a real estate appraiser for the time being, so I figured I'd hit up the places he recommend. Turns out there are a fewer nicer bars where these guys hang. I met three real knowledgable and clever guys, probably in their late 20's and early 30's, who have become mentor-like figures for me. They are not "friends" per say, but we've met up more than a dozen times and we've endorsed each other on LinkedIn. Consequently, they invited me to a few meetup type of groups which were centered around causes they cared about for work (the Green Building Council, etc). I met like minded guys at these events. Acqutences, sure, but we can grab a drink together.
Find a cause you care about and align yourself with people in this group. Care about LEED certified buildings? Join a business oriented group.

Messages In This Thread