rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Red Pill Catholicism

Red Pill Catholicism

Though I don't currently consider myself a Catholic (albeit baptized and brought up as one), I have a bookshelf of "red-pill" Catholic books if anyone wants any recommendations. Though, a topic specific request would help that recommendation.

I can recommend Edward Feser's blog as a good jumping-off point, though be forewarned that he is a philosopher and so the blog generally revolves around that topic (which is one pillar of the religion).

Catholic philosophy underpins Catholic logicial justification for its ethics, which is important to be aware of when critiquing modernism's ethics justification over traditional ethics.

Feser also has a post or two wherein he lists his recommended books. Many of my books, but not all, came from that list. In general, his links section is also great.

http://edwardfeser.blogspot.com/

Here is a an interview of his on a pertinent topic:

Quote:Quote:

Scholasticism vs. Scientism: An Interview with Dr. Edward Feser

"This emphasis on linguistic precision and argumentative rigor differentiates Scholastic thinking from more literary and unsystematic approaches to philosophy and theology. It also makes Scholastic thought comparable in some respects to contemporary analytic philosophy. On the other hand, the emphasis on classical, and especially Aristotelian, metaphysical ideas differentiates Scholastic thinking from most contemporary philosophy".

Here's a short video that has Feser discussing philosophy's relation to theology in the Catholic Faith:

Gregory Hesse(.d) is one of my favorite authorities to hear speak. He has Doctorates in both Theology and Canon Law from the Angelicum, was ordained at Saint Peter's Basilica in Rome, and worked in the Vatican for a time. He's scary smart and also often drinks wine during interviews. Most memorable for me are his lessons on Catholic philosophy and Canon Law:

Messages In This Thread