rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Technology vs Consequences of the hookup culture on the economy

Technology vs Consequences of the hookup culture on the economy

Pardon me if anyone has covered this topic already, but this has been on my mind lately a bit..
I think many of us will agree that the current hookup culture, the sexual liberation of the recent decades is probably not optimal for the advancement of society from a cultural standpoint. Or a scientific one. Or an artistic one. Its primary pursuit is narcissism and hedonism. It's fun, but that's all it is. Immediate gratification. And those who are at the top of the sexual pyramid can gorge themselves as much as they please. The rest of us either wallow in misery or ignorance or we may even be inspired to ascend to greater heights, ourselves.
But is this really going to cause a collapse in our society? I do know the common economic arguments surrounding this. Women generally vote for increased taxation while working lame jobs or good jobs that they were granted due to the pussy pass. They bleed the economy more than contribute to it. However, let's think about the men, too. All the men. Not just the entrepreneurial and brilliant ones. Let's not forget about the average Joes among us. With the constant advances in technology, where will that leave society, as a whole? There are only so many fake administrative jobs that can be created even for women.

Let me cut to the chase - to my thesis. There is no decline. Not in the doomsday, fatalistic sense that I read about on /r/theredpill all the time. Society will not collapse just because women are slutting around so much and just because so many men are less ambitious now because society expects less of them. Technology will, at some point in the not too distant future (i.e. in our lifetimes), will result in so much labor being done for us, and not by us, that we will inevitably have to search for meaning in our lives, as individuals. Sluts gonna slut. Geniuses gonna go and keep making Linuxes, Teslas, space shuttles, smart phones and so on. Creatives and thinkers shall go on creating music, movies, writing books, etc. And those of us less talented or ambitious will have to figure out what we can do in our lives that's meaningful.. to us, as individuals. The church or the nuclear family will not be there to affirm our life choices or to shake their finger disapprovingly.

I hope this was not a rambling mess. Let me know your thoughts, gents.

Messages In This Thread