rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

USA Economic Depression Thread

USA Economic Depression Thread

Quote: (03-26-2016 08:31 PM)Samseau Wrote:  

I don't get critics of ZH at all. ZH has been pointing out that the markets are shit since 2009, are nothing but printed money, and lo and behold the US economy today is shit with the lowest money velocity since they started recording the metric in 1960.

https://research.stlouisfed.org/fred2/series/M2V/

ZH has been more accurate than any other financial news source by a landslide and they are not given enough credit. The problem is that they are way too intelligent for the average reader, a person needs at least 120 verbal IQ to follow it properly.

Your tone and level of condescension is incredible. I was turned off by it earlier in this thread but I tried to steer my question by asking what people were doing to prepare for the coming recession/depression. You reiterated that only people with a high level of intelligence and an IQ of 120 can truly understand the information that ZeroHedge is putting out. I'm sure that you include yourself in that vaunted group.

If you're so smart, what are the external indicators to show that you've employed this IQ into something tangible? Are you a successful banker or some sort of respected professional in a prestige field like law/medicine? Do you pull in 5, 10, 20x the average income in the US as a small business owner? Have you made big money (let's say $100k+) capitalizing off of info from ZH, kinda like the guys who bet against the mortgage market and CDO's during the housing bust?

Cuz if not, I'm calling your legitimacy into question and straight saying that your 120+ IQ level is just like the 212 rep points you have on this site: purdy cool but functionally useless.

"They helped me save thousands" = not impressive at all. I'm not even disagreeing with you when you say they're putting out good info. What I'm saying is that we likely have no choice but to play along with the financial machinations because there isn't any feasible alternative. Started the rant because your arrogance is so unseemly and I don't feel like you've really positioned yourself to be an authority on the subject save from quoting money velocity, Austrian economics, additional generic buzz words/terms.

Messages In This Thread