rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Terrorist attack against Brussels airport and subway, 30+ dead

Terrorist attack against Brussels airport and subway, 30+ dead

Quote: (03-22-2016 08:40 AM)Doodoo Wrote:  

Can anyone explain to me _why_ people are blaming Islam for this? Because of my understanding of their religion is that terrorism, unmotivated violence and killing innocent people is highly condemned. Yes, I understand these people probably call themselves Muslims and followers of Islam's book.

But isn't the actual problem that their verses (by so-called Muslims) can be interpreted in approximately infinite ways and thus the people who choose to follow Islam in such a manner that they think bombing public places is a good thing to do are actually the problem? Which strikes me as odd, because even if you interpret it 1:1 by following every word, there are still a handful of verses from the top of my head which - especially if taken literally - would make any of these "purists" reconsider their actions.

That's why it strikes me as particularly odd and why the narrative of "Islam is the problem" is - in my opinion - not holding up.

This is a serious question and I understand that everybody is currently feeling hatred due to what happened today and seems to happen very regularly these days.

[Image: gtfo.gif]

Messages In This Thread