rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How to Cut Ties With a Girl Without Hurting Her?

How to Cut Ties With a Girl Without Hurting Her?

I've had to do this and we were living together at the time. She sounds like a good person so my advice would be:

1) Be honest with her. There's no reason not to. Let her know you care for and enjoy her, but you want to be with other women too. It has nothing to do with her. It really has everything to do with you.

2) Be there for her. Be there for the crying, the questions, the blaming. This process could take several sessions. The purpose of this is so she can get all her feelings out, the questions answered, and to just work through it. She will be grateful to you later for this and it will help her move on.

She will move on, she will find another guy she falls in love with, she will probably get married and have kids, etc.

My breaking up with my LTR was the best thing that could've happened to her. She's now happily married. It didn't seem that way at the time for her though.

Right now is the time she will suffer most, but she will get over it. You're suffering will be more delayed, (months or years from now), when you romanticize the past and question if you did the right thing.

Messages In This Thread