rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

A Father's Woes

A Father's Woes

Quote: (03-14-2016 10:15 PM)Grodin Wrote:  

The practical advice has already been covered so I'll leave you with one piece of broad advice:

It's unwise to make life impacting decisions when you are in the midst of emotional turmoil. Unfortunately, sometimes you have to make some decisions, but don't rush decisions that you don't have to. The pain you feel right now is sharp but will be short lived compared to the impacts of this decision.

A good rule of thumb for getting over a serious breakup: for every year you were together it'll take half that long to get over it completely. As a young guy, a year and a half to get over your ex might seem like a long time but your relationship with your son will last a lifetime. Edit: it might take less time since you two were on again off again as long as you make a clean break.

I think that with everything said, I might just have to wait. You're absolutely right. Emotions are transient, and thus we should never make decisions based on them. I've never had a difficult time getting over another girl. I've fucked other women trying to get over this one, but the strength of what I feel for this one is beyond me I'm embarrassed to say. My younger self would be looking at me in pity and contempt. But it's not just her, this passion for a family that I never wanted took over. As if the sum is greater than the individual parts.

Quote: (03-15-2016 12:05 AM)shy Wrote:  

Maybe I overread it, but how old are you?

Messages In This Thread