rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Why Free Trade Cannot Co-Exist With Currency Manipulators

Why Free Trade Cannot Co-Exist With Currency Manipulators

Quote: (03-14-2016 03:49 PM)porscheguy Wrote:  

Quote: (03-14-2016 03:29 PM)getdownonit Wrote:  

http://www.axs.com/news/120-kanye-west-p...tely-17243

Kanye West plain white t shirt sold out for $120 per shirt. Doubt that had anything to do with the labor cost.

Sometimes brands (like american apparel in this case or apple for iphones) aren't trying to offer the lowest prices
The Kanye West shirt was selling a connection to Kanye, with a free t-shirt as proof.

Like I said previously, American Apparel sells nationalism.

You could say that comparing a shirt from h&m to one from American Apparel is comparing apples to oranges.

Companies like Apple and Samsung aren't selling their products with concern for labor costs. They sell their stuff at price points.

FWIW, on pricier items like consumer electronics, labor costs have less impact on the bottom line, and tariffs can really impact where a company sets up shop.

I read somewhere (forgot where, unfortunately) that the biggest sell of "free" trade, that is, that you can buy products for much cheaper than if they were made in America is really bogus, because they sell the product at a markup that puts it basically on par with what they'd sell it for anyway even if it was made here.

The lower labor costs just allow them to pocket the difference and increase their bottom lines.

Read my Latest at Return of Kings: 11 Lessons in Leadership from Julius Caesar
My Blog | Twitter

Messages In This Thread