rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

SEA STORIES - There I was.......

SEA STORIES - There I was.......

Surfers with Cell phones

There I was living my life as I normally do. It was mid-day on a Sunday and I had just finished surfing a nice set with some friends as we are winding up the winter swell. We climbed up a slight incline on the beach, planted our boards and set up under some shade. There were four of us. I had been surfing on and off with one of these guys for a number of years and the others were friends of his. They were relatively younger (24-27). After about five minutes, all three of these guys had their cell phone out and were texting for 20-30 minutes as I was resting in a portable hammock that I strung between two palm trees (this is a handy thing in the surfing world).

They were smiling so I was pretty sure that they were texting to girls and I noticed that my friend pointed to a group of five girls down the beach maybe 100 meters to the south that were all texting on their cell phones. I looked, as I am almost always interested in a pretty girl in a bikini, and I asked my friend if he was texting one of those hotties. He said, yeah the three of us are texting to three or four of them. I thought; what??? Ok, maybe it is a cultural thing or it is just something these guys do. I honestly did not get it (maybe I am out of touch). I looked at him and said, look you have five pretty girls down there that are yours for the picking, what is up with you guys just texting them. He looked at me like I was from Mars. I picked up my surfboard and put it under my arm and walked down the beach to the girls. As I approached two of them looked up and I said, Hola, I am NASA, where is this the pet store? No I did not say that (just the Hola, I am NASA part), but I plan to use it the next time as an inside joke to myself. Normally, I wait and see who introduces themselves as that is my first indication that there is some interest. If I do not get a Hi, I am senorita sexy then I look to make eye contact with another and try to connect. The gods of the hormones were smiling on me as two of them introduced themselves and the first one I made eye contact made a comment about my surfboard and invited me to sit down with them.

As I sat down I got glances from the others and a third one said hello, I am senorita sexy and I returned the greeting and she extended her hand; whenever a girl extends her hand to me I normal hold it for three to five seconds longer than normal to gauge her reaction. She stood up and as she smiled (with her mouth slightly opened and her teeth showing) I could see the wrinkles around her eyes indicating that she was genuinely please to meet me. Next was simple banter about what one was drinking and the bracelet of another and the hat of the third. After about twenty minutes of this, they were not texting and I asked one of the girls if she knew any of those guys about 100 meters from the north, she said, oh yeah, they are surfers like you. I do not think that she knew I was with them so I said, give me your telephone, she complied with my test and I called my friend and told him to come down with the other two. I looked back to the north and see my three surfing buddies finally decide to come join us. I introduced the guys and two of the girls were shocked, what you know these guys? I said of course, I have been surfing with Surfer X for a few years.

We hung out with them for another 30 minutes, I practiced some physical escalation on two of them and tried to get them to compete (which worked) and then it was time for us to go out and surf another set. I was focusing more on the three that were more easily sniped as figured I could connect with one later that evening so I invited all five of them to join us for drinks later that night at a cool beach/dance bar.

I honestly could not believe that my surfing friends were only texting these hotties instead of going to talk with them when they were so close. I have been out on the ocean a lot, but I was not frozen in ice. These guys were outdoor surfer types who were all relatively cool with good builds and no major dysfunctions, but they were missing the big picture. I guess this is more of the atomization that people are talking about. I did what comes natural and I mentioned to them that approaching half naked girls is part of the job description for guys. They smiled, but I am really not sure they understood.

Messages In This Thread