rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Why Free Trade Cannot Co-Exist With Currency Manipulators

Why Free Trade Cannot Co-Exist With Currency Manipulators

[quote] (03-06-2016 12:56 AM)Centurion Wrote:  

In a way, I have to say it isn't our problem. In human rights it is- but we have to be very careful- I'm very skeptical of any American/Israeli/neocon military missions to introduce freedom/democracy to shitholes. It is our problem as the elites push harder and harder for a "global economy". Slave labor in China has wiped out a tremendous amount of first world labor. If one of my neighbors loses his job this week it's no big deal to me. If 10 of them lose their jobs, then there's a good chance that something bad is in store for me.
[quote='Centurion' pid='1240894' dateline='1457243796']
If we take slavery of these people as a given, then we are much better off taking advantage of their cheap labor.[/quote]
You need to have significant resources upfront in order to take advantage of their slave labor.
[quote] (03-06-2016 12:56 AM)Centurion Wrote:  

I think by labor laws Samseau was referring to mandatory time off/holidays, womens leave, minimum wages, equal rights/anti discrimination etc. I was asking why would you support government regulations like those.[/quote]
Is that a serious question? I like labor laws because I don't want to end up like a Chinese slave. I like labor laws because before my grandfather died, he told me what it was like to grow up as a sharecropper in the post-reconstruction south. He had to quit school when he was 12 so he could work in the cotton field. I like labor laws because my other grandfather quit school at 11 because kids made fun of him for not having shoes to wear.

Messages In This Thread