rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Facebook/Google should be forced to hire only Americans. At gunpoint if needed.

Facebook/Google should be forced to hire only Americans. At gunpoint if needed.

Quote:Quote:

When employed by a big consulting firm, visa IT workers, lets just stick with developers for arguments sake, are being billed out at a rate of no less than $125/HR which equates to annual cost of 250K. These rates can go much higher. The average US IT workers salary is between 85-130K. The average salary for consulting worker is between 65-95K (+the H1 filing process costs a few thousand) which is less employment cost for labor to the employer but because there are now profits involved in the equation, the client ends up paying substantially more.

greekgod,

Can you post up some numbers on these hourly rates for major cities or areas (Silicon Valley, LA/OC, Seattle, Manhattan, Austin..) for senior devs and team leads with 15-20 years of experience? I get all these Indian recruiters emailing me about these jobs and quoting from $50-90 per hour. I quote them back the rate of $125/hr, then never hear back from them or they bow out and say that can't do that rate. Maybe b/c I'm a US citizen and these rates are for visa IT workers?

-AG

Messages In This Thread